Join now

Experiences of German Immigrants in Canada (Montréal)

Participants Needed for Research on the Migration Experiences of Germans Living in Canada

Are you a German citizen living in Canada? Are you between 25 and 45 years old? Have you been living in Canada for at least 3 to 4 years? Are you working in one of the following occupations: Science and engineering, architecture and design, education, arts, music or entertainment, business and finance, law, health care and related fields?

If so, would you be interested in discussing your experiences of moving to and living in Canada with me?

I am Anke Patzelt and I am a PhD student in Sociology at the University of Ottawa. Originally, I am from Wesel, a small town in Germany, about 60 km north of Cologne. At the moment, I am working on my PhD dissertation research which deals with the migration experiences of Germans moving to and from Canada. More specifically, I am interested in their mobility, integration, and settlement patterns, and how these are impacted by feelings of home and belonging.

If you decide to participate in my research, you would be asked to take part in a personal interview that would last between Protected content . With your consent, the interview would be audio recorded. Additionally, you would be asked to fill out a short ( Protected content ) questionnaire about your personal information. Participation is on a voluntary basis and you can withdraw your participation at any given point. Your personal data would, of course, be kept anonymous, and all information obtained during these conversations will be kept confidential, and will only be used in the context of my research.

Participation in this study will give you the opportunity to reflect on, as well as convey your knowledge and share your experiences of moving to and living in Canada and your perception of life in both Germany and Canada.

I would be very happy to talk to you in person and to learn more about your personal experiences. If you have any questions, comments, or remarks, or if you would like to volunteer for this study, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me via email ( Protected content ) or cell phone ( Protected content ). I am thankful for any help, and I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Anke

Anke Patzelt
Ph.D. Candidate / Doctorante
School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies / École d'études sociologiques et anthropologiques
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa

Montréal Forum

Our Global Partners