Join now

I'm looking for an affordable master program (Montréal)

Hello everyone, my name is Camilla. I'm about to move to Montreal in August and now I'm still living in Frankfurt, Germany. I just started my master of Sinology at Goethe Frankfurt University.

However, my husband is going to work in Montreal, so we are going to move to Montreal, and I can't finish the program in a few months. I'm pretty excited about moving to Canada. Meanwhile, I don't want to lose my study opportunity.

Does somebody know an affordable university in which I can just transfer my credit points? Besides, I am Chinese citizenship, so I guess I have to go through the whole application procedure again, and get some English certificate (i.e. GRE, Tofel). Is there a way that I can save those trouble?

Alternatively, I can also give up my master study. But does a master matter a lot in Montreal? I had hard time finding a suitable job in Germany because I didn't speak the language nor have i a german degree.

(P.s. I'm not sure whether I should post the thread in "Town Talk" or in "Expat Q&A", so I'll just post it in both.)

Thank you very much in advanced.

Montréal Forum

Our Global Partners