Join now

Skating Fever!!?? :o)..:D...;o) (Montréal)

Hello everyone,

Just wondering whether last week's Fire&Ice event triggered somebody's else dream of becoming a skating star... :P:P Not quite so, but, actually, I would love to invest some time this winter to improve my balance on ice and if others want to join me I will be creating a group and organizing weekly events.

I would limit the number of attendants to 15 so that we can be sure to actually participate as a group, and so that we get to meet everyone !!

We could alternate between Beaver Lake/Lac des Castors (if we go during the weekend) and the Atrium at Protected content la Gauchetière (if we chose a fixed day during the week).

At the ATrium, one can get a booklet of 10 coupons for $27, which means less than $3 per visit (this doesn't include the fee for the skates, of course)!! OR get a tiny little discount going as a group :P

At Beaver Lake, all we need to pay are the skates rental fees:

Here is the detail:

Admission: free
Services: ice skate rental (regular skates $8.50 for 2 hours; two-blade skates $4 for 2 hours; learn-to-skate walker $4 plus $10 deposit for 2 hours), locker lock rental ($3.25 with $5 deposit), child helmet rental ($2 for two hours), carrier sled for babies ($5 for 2 hours with $5 deposit), skate sharpening service ($6.25). All rentals require a piece of I.D. with picture, given back upon rental return.
INFO: Protected content Protected content visit Friends of Mount Royal Website

Depending on the interest shown, we could be looking at SUNDAY, JAN 13 as the date of our first event - We'd better get started soon, before the skating rinks melt!!!! :D:DD:D:
Suggested Start Time: 11h

You are therefore kindly invited to express your interest and willingness to participate.

Thanks!

Cristina.

Montréal Forum

Our Global Partners