Join now

Skating Fever!!?? :o)..:D...;o) (Montréal)

Hello everyone,

Just wondering whether last week's Fire&Ice event triggered somebody's else dream of becoming a skating star... :P:P Not quite so, but, actually, I would love to invest some time this winter to improve my balance on ice and if others want to join me I will be creating a group and organizing weekly events.

I would limit the number of attendants to 15 so that we can be sure to actually participate as a group, and so that we get to meet everyone !!

We could alternate between Beaver Lake/Lac des Castors (if we go during the weekend) and the Atrium at Protected content la Gauchetière (if we chose a fixed day during the week).

At the ATrium, one can get a booklet of 10 coupons for $27, which means less than $3 per visit (this doesn't include the fee for the skates, of course)!! OR get a tiny little discount going as a group :P

At Beaver Lake, all we need to pay are the skates rental fees:

Here is the detail:

Admission: free
Services: ice skate rental (regular skates $8.50 for 2 hours; two-blade skates $4 for 2 hours; learn-to-skate walker $4 plus $10 deposit for 2 hours), locker lock rental ($3.25 with $5 deposit), child helmet rental ($2 for two hours), carrier sled for babies ($5 for 2 hours with $5 deposit), skate sharpening service ($6.25). All rentals require a piece of I.D. with picture, given back upon rental return.
INFO: Protected content Protected content visit Friends of Mount Royal Website

Depending on the interest shown, we could be looking at SUNDAY, JAN 13 as the date of our first event - We'd better get started soon, before the skating rinks melt!!!! :D:DD:D:
Suggested Start Time: 11h

You are therefore kindly invited to express your interest and willingness to participate.

Thanks!

Cristina.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Montréal Forum