Montessori primary school in Moscow
The International Montessori Center Otrada invites children from 6 to 10 years of age to its primary school.
IMC Otrada offers a bilingual education in accordance with the international AMI standard. In a Montessori class environment, a child can choose his own occupation from a particular set of activities. We are located in the North-West of Moscow, near “Pyatnitskoye Shosse” metro station.
Our carefully selected teaching Montessori materials invite the child to choose the activity that meets his interests. Children learn to take decisions by themselves and to gain knowledge through discoveries. All materials are visual and help children to assimilate information with different types of perception.
Children learn the curriculum on the basis of an individual learning plan. They get a profound knowledge of mathematics, understand English grammar without memorization and can for example learn the basic course of Russian language for one class within Protected content , further deepening and expanding their knowledge.
Reading, speech development, calligraphy, grammar and Russian history are taught in Russian. The other subjects – English language and literature, world history, mathematics, geography, biology – are taught by an English-speaking teacher.
- The program meets both the international Montessori AMI standards and the Russian general educational standards
- Three teachers with the Montessori qualification work simultaneously in an uneven-aged class
- Learning through discoveries: pupils gain knowledge through active research and consolidate it by working on individual projects
- Bilingual program, constant communication in English
- Additional classes: Chinese, economics, chess, art, sports, robotics, computer literacy and programming
- Walks in the forest, location in an ecologically safe area and guarded territory
Sign up for a visit of our school! Protected content
Our address: Moscow obl., Krasnogorskij district, Otradnoe, Ltd “Equestrian club Otradnoe”, bld. 36.
Our territory is guarded, and passing and driving into the territory is possible only by permit or an appointment.