Join now

Moscow Subway Bombings: Prayers for victims

Moscow Subway Bombings: Prayers for victims and their families

Citizens of Moscow, citizens of Russia, I express my deepest sorrow for what has happened this morning - it is, unfortunately a fact of our world today that there are people so desperate they resort to terror. Please join me in prayer for not only the victims and their families, but also for the perpetrators and their families. We must take RESPONSIBILITY for the whole planet and the quality of your community starts with you. Also, we must take responsibility for the quality of our community (earth) wherever we are. Only by helping to create a civil society everywhere will we be able to overcome the difficulties we face coming from each other and from larger issues such as climate change. I think we probably know by now that our salvation is not in the accomplishment of more things; it is in the world of refreshment and reaffirmation of our individualities by the love and harmony of the Presence of God, however you shall conceive of it.

In this spirit, I would like to mention a FaceBook Group I have started: The Gandhi King Chavez Season for Nonviolence, Jan. 30 through April 4. ( Protected content ).

Peace
Trent

The Gandhi King Chavez Season for Nonviolence is an international, educational, media and grassroots campaign dedicated to promoting nonviolence as a powerful way to heal, transform and empower our lives and our communities. The Season for Nonviolence began in Protected content , inspired by the 50th and 30th memorial anniversaries of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now joined by farmworkers' leader and
nonviolent activist Cesar Chavez, this international movement strives to honor the vision of these great peacemakers through action and education.

Each day during the 64 days of the season, we practice a new principle of peace and nonviolence in our personal and communal lives. We learn to practice nonviolence one step at a time, one choice at a time, one day at a time. This is how each of us, in our own way, moves the world in the direction of peace. This is the Season for Nonviolence.

Each week we will be sending out the nonviolence practice and thought for the day. Please join us in practicing it and help us spread the word. Forward this daily message to 5 or more of your friends.

Together in peace and nonviolence we can change the world. As within, so without!

Moscow Forum

Our Global Partners