Join now

How to stay in a good shape (Mumbai)

Hi, Im a certified trainer from gold's gym university and have worked in US as well as in India .Feel free to message me here if you have questions or need more info.

Next time you're starving and on the road, skip the 1,200-calorie meal combo and make a better choice. According to two pro athletes, fast food doesn't have to lead to dietary transgression.

IFBB pro bodybuilder Garrett Downing incorporates drive-thru food this way: "When I'm in contest mode, I go places where I know I can get the equivalent in nutrients for what I normally would be eating at that time.

For example, if I'm supposed to have 8 ounces of chicken, a serving of vegetables and the equivalent of a cup of rice, I can pull into a Wendy's and pick up a plain baked potato and two grilled chicken breast salads as a substitute."

New York City pro fitness champion Adela Garcia-Friedmansky eats out often and orders her meals dry. "Most restaurants have chicken breasts, fish, rice, potatoes and vegetables, and they can prepare them steamed, baked or without oil."

When it comes to fast food, she agrees with Downing. "You can stay in good shape if you stick with the low-fat items that many fast-food places serve. Every few days, if you want a chicken burger along with small fries, you can do it if you're training hard, doing your cardio and paying close attention to your diet at all other times."

Garcia-Friedmansky will splurge every Protected content . "I'll go for a McDonald's cheeseburger with fries and a diet cola," she says. She figures the meal yields a hefty Protected content , which is fine in her book. "If you want the greasy stuff once in a while, that's okay, too. Just don't make a habit of it."

Sin #4: Sugar See-Saw

Some bodybuilders view sugar as Public Enemy No. 1, while others believe sugar's not so bad. Those in the former category may wind up fighting severe cravings, when instead they could get a lot by giving in a little.

According to chef and IFBB professional bodybuilder Laura Creavalle, sugar is not the bully many make it out to be. Calories are most important.

"When I started, I used to stay away from anything with sugar, even juices. That's what I thought was the right thing to do. Unfortunately, the temptation for something sweet would drive me crazy and I wouldn't stop at something sweet—I'd make an entire day into a marathon binge. Later, I learned that losing weight, for the most part, is about eating fewer calories than you need each day and expending energy through exercise."

These days, i dampen the sugar devil by scheduling a daily sugar fix. "Sugary foods are least likely to be stored as fat when you eat them after your workout,After I'm finished training, I always have a handful of Reese's Pieces or peanut M&M's. I don't need a lot. Just a taste." That's sufficient to keep me happy, my sweet tooth at bay and my physique lean and hard.