Join now

Moving to Mumbai need some advice

Hello everyone,

We're considering moving to Mumbai in a few months, my partner had a job offer, but we haven't made a decision yet. Our decision depends on the time of the commute between home and work/school. We have a 4yo daughter who will be 5 in November and a son of 8 months.

The job is in Vashi. I would prefer to live in an expat area if possible, but don't have to. The most important thing is to live close to an international school for my daughter. I've been doing research on the internet on international schools and a lot of schools seem to be following international standards, but aren't 'real' international schools. I can only find these 'real' international schools in Bandra. We would prefer an English school over American since we're probably looking at a move back to the UK at some point in the future.

So, does anyone know of an international primary school as close as possible to Vashi, Navi Mumbai? Preferably following an English curriculum.
What is the cut off age/when do kids start primary school following and English curriculum?
How long is the commute from Powai to Vashi during rush hour in the car?
And how long is the commute from Bandra to Vashi during rush?

It would be fantastic if anyone could answer one or more of these questions!
Thanks so much in advance!

Mumbai Forum

Our Global Partners