Create and build client relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain consulting assignments and/or projects. Assist in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
Responsible for successfully selling Iris Software Inc., services in a specific technology focus, vertical industry and/or defined geographic territory. Duties include identifying and properly qualifying business opportunities; presenting to executive levels of organizations and preparing formal proposals; and leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision-making process, and overcoming objections to closure. Individual needs to maintain a strong knowledge of e-business and technology initiatives and provide accurate sales forecasts and reports to management in a timely and consistent manner. This is a true outside sales “hunting” role responsible for lead generation, target account research, “account breaking” leading to relationship management and market share initiatives.
• Protected content professional selling experience in high-tech or service related industry.
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
• Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills
• Self driven, motivated and results oriented.
• Experience in selling software solutions, projects or software products into large and/or small organizations.
• Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle process is a strong positive.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university (in Engineering and related fields, desirable) - MBA a plus;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for locating new opportunities for Iris Software Inc., by working with customer’s procurement and IT/engineering groups among Iris’ existing and new customers.
• Must be able to build and maintain a pipeline of business consisting of opportunities at all stages of maturity.
• Must be responsive to the customers needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
• Monitor and ensure completion of the opportunity response process from opportunity generation to opportunity closure.
• Play the role of the lead person on preparing the written proposal in response to customer’s RFP, and coordinate all information from the different disciplines and arrange the formal response.
• Required to work closely with the Business Unit Managers when responding to a Request For Proposal (RFP) to inform them of market conditions, pricing issues and the current competition on the program.
• Make presentations to various groups within the customer’s organization when needed.
• Will act as technical representative to the customer, during the initial contact.
• Required to attend trade shows along with different conferences both educational and customer oriented.
• Must be willing to travel – both domestic and international.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science or other related discipline or Associate’s Degree and related experience.
• A.S. in Business/Technical or equivalent in education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience with budgeting processes.
• Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
• Must be self-driven with the motivation to achieve success.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to work individually and as part of a team.
• Needs to have excellent relationship-building skills.
• Must be computer literate, with a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
• Must have above average proficiency in common office tools such as MS/Office, Adobe PDF, World Wide Web …
• Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain good organizational skills.
• Various travel schedules and different time zones.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.