BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY: OPERATIONS SUPPORT SERVICES
The George C. Marshall Center European Center for Security Studies (GCMC) is seeking a contractor to provide operations support specialist services for the Partnership for Peace Consortium of Defense Academies and Security Studies Institutes Warsaw Initiative Fund (WIF) programs. A solicitation is anticipated to be issued on or around 30 August and a contract is anticipated to be awarded on or before 30 September. The selected contractor will be required to begin phase-in efforts immediately upon award of the contract and shall report on site at the GCMC, in Garmisch-Partenkirchen no later than 30 days after award of the contract. This contract will be eligible for two one-year option extensions.
The GCMC anticipates requiring the Contractor’s services for as many as Protected content per year or as few as Protected content per year. Actual workdays may vary based on mission requirements but shall not exceed Protected content per year. The Contractor shall coordinate a weekly schedule with the COR based on course schedules and associated workload demands. The Contractor will not be reimbursed for any days not worked under this contract. Unused funds will be de-obligated as necessary by the Government. For absences lasting more than two consecutive weeks, the Government reserves the right to require the Contractor to provide a substitute with equal or better qualifications to fulfill the Contractor’s duties.
All substitutes must be approved in advance by the GCMC Contracting Officer. The substitute must have comparable credentials to those of the Contractor. Substitutes shall have no claim whatsoever against the United States Government for services rendered and compensation shall be considered a business relationship between the Contractor and the chosen subcontractor. Failure to arrange for a qualified substitute in a timely manner may be considered breach of contract.
Interested candidates must meet the following qualifications:
• Protected content contractor must be proficient using MS EXCEL, MS WORD, and MS POWER POINT software and familiar with performing database input and update functions. Experience working with databases is desired. A familiarity with the Defense Travel System (DTS) is desired.
• Protected content contractor must have at least one year experience drafting correspondence and preparing written materials such as equipment status reports, after action reports, expenditure reports, supply requests, budget reports, personnel reports, etc. The contractor must have at least 3 years experience as an operations assistant, office manager, operations senior non-commissioned officer, or like experience. Ability to multi-task is essential.
• Protected content managing a budget is desired.
• Protected content contractor must be familiar with the countries and dynamics of the Eurasia area of responsibility with experience in the region. Experience working in an international environment, particularly in organizations such as an Office of Defense Cooperation, Defense Attaché Office, or the GCMC is preferred.
• Protected content contractor must possess excellent English language written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in a Eurasian language such as Russian or German is highly desired.
Interested candidates should forward a resume to Mr. James Miller at Protected content immediately to receive a copy of the full solicitation. Mr. Miller can also be reached at Protected content .