Design & Data GmbH is looking to fill the position of a DIstribution Assistant (M/F) for the European Southern Observatory (ESO) in Garching.
The Distribution Assistant plays a crucial part in getting printed materials that ESO produces to their final destinations. These materials have great potential of promoting ESO, but only if they arrive at the intended targets on time. The overarching aim of ESO’s physical distribution strategy is to increase awareness of ESO among its stakeholders and the visibility and popularity of the ESO brand, 75% European-wide and 25% internationally. ESO products mainly divide into print, multimedia and merchandise, out of which print products take the most resources, in terms of distribution and production manpower, time and money. Second in line comes merchandise, followed by a considerable smaller amount of multimedia products.
The Distribution Assistant coordinates all shipments of materials to the outside world. The Distribution Assistant will deliver the assistance needed for a 2-year project during the Warehouse transition phase transporting the many products (e.g. press releases, calendars, Messenger etc.) from Warehouse to packing room to delivery point, for packing the materials, for labelling the shipments, for making Transfer Requests in Navision ERP, for maintenance of the products Inventory, maintenance of the address database, shipping the ESOshop and Hubbleshop products etc.
The perfect candidate needs fairly diverse qualifications and competences:
* Significant computer skills and experience with spreadsheets is necessary. The following software systems are in use:
* Djangoplicity — a web-based form-driven interface: ESOshop/Hubbleshop sales and shop maintenance, Address database.
* Navision — A standard ERP software system with a fairly advanced user interface: Transfer Requests etc.
* Google Docs — Word and Excel-like functions: ePOD products inventory.
* Mantis — a ticketing system for keeping track of the tasks and prioritising them.
* Microsoft Word and Excel
* E-mail and web browsing
* Physical strength: moving heavy boxes of products, packing and shipping.
* Good oral and written English and German skills are necessary
* Reliability: Due to the steep learning curve for the administrative work it is important that person selected by the supplier is reliable and will remain in place for at least a year
* Flexibility: The supplier can work independently, is willing to do simpler packing tasks as well as more advanced book-keeping tasks, can follow accurately pre-defined guidelines, adhere to deadlines and work at least 4 out of 5 days per week
* Logical and systematic thinking: Ability to improve workflows and write simple guidelines for the work
* A driver’s licence B is required
This role is a full-time position based in Garching. The gross annual salary for this position is 23.400 EUR. The work place is an International Organisation so good English communication skills are a requirement. Interest in Astronomy and space is a plus.
Please send me your CV and cover letter for this position to Protected content
Sebastian D. Marcu