Join now
Log in Join

Marriage Documents required for UK national (Munich)

Hi everyone,

I'm a UK national living in Munich and I'm engaged to a German national and we'd like to marry this summer. What documents do I need?

I understand that I need a translated birth certificate and my passport, both of which I have. What's misisng is a certificate of no impediment, however after doing a bit of research I found out from the British embassy website that it's not possible to get this certificate and I need to apply for an exemption. How can I go about getting this and how long does the process take? And is there anythng else that I need?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

Munich Forum