Join now

Sailing Adult - Sailing Instructor (Munich)

"The best way to get the most from sailing"

Enjoy learning quickly using a tried and tested system.

I'm offering a quick, simple and inexpensive way to start with a method I've used with children and adults at my homeclub in Brazil (Yacht Club of Rio de Janeiro)

I have an experience of 30 years with Sailing and would like to share this with you.

Course Descriptions
Start Sailing (Level 1)
An introduction to sailing, with all you need to know to get afloat under supervision. This includes how to sail in all directions, including an awareness of launching and recovering. Through teaching the in a fun and safe manner , encourage participants to develop their own personal skills such as communication and team working as well as their sailing skills.

Basic Skills (Level 2)
This course sets out the foundations of sailing for you so that you are able to sail and make decisions in good conditions. The course includes rigging, launching, sailing in all directions, capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
Initial qualification scheme in which students learn simple sailing techniques and how to control the boat whilst building confidence. Initial training is at a dock in quiet waters.

Better Sailing (Level 3)
This course consolidates skills and introduces new ones. It improves confidence in sailing skills and techniques, and readies the participant to progress onto the advanced modules. This challenging course is for those who have completed Stage 2 or have the equivalent sailing experience and have been practicing their skills. By the end of the course, the young person will be able to sail independently and be able to demonstrate their full knowledge of boat handling,
manoeuvres and the effects of the wind.

Day Sailing
This course teaches participants to plan and execute a cruise, including pilotage and decision making including adverse conditions and location constraints.
This course is for those who have completed state 3 and are looking to improve their skills and to sail a double handed boat as crew or helm, and solve a variety of problems afloat.

Seamanship Skills
This course will teach participants how to handle a wide range of situations afloat. Training includes: launching and recovering the boat in different circumstances, stopping, reducing sail, recovering man overboard and anchoring.

Start Racing
This course introduces participants to the skills required to start racing, including how to maximise boat speed and outwit your opponents, tactics and tips for pre-start and rules (ISAF Protected content
This is often the next step after for who are keen to start competing.

Any questions or more details, write me a private message.

Fair Winds and Following Seas...

Leo

Munich Forum