Join now

WhatsApp and Facebook Data Sharing (Munich)

Views

Hi guys,

I thought this information might be interesting for some of you…
You have 30 days to stop WhatsApp sharing your data with Facebook.
Facebook and WhatsApp announced a new data sharing plan that’ll improve targeted advertising and friend suggestions. The new update from WhatsApp includes the new privacy policy If you’re not a fan of the idea of Facebook and WhatsApp cozying up so closely together, it’s easy to opt out.

There are two main ways of opting out of the new terms, one of them fairly simply and the other ever so slightly more complicated. The first way can only be done if you haven’t accepted the new terms, using the pop-up that will emerge when you open up WhatsApp. If you haven’t, wait until that happens but don’t click “agree” – instead navigate to the smaller “read more” option, and untick the box that says “Share my WhatsApp account information with Facebook”.

If you’ve already accepted those new terms, you can still opt out – as long as it’s within 30 days. You can do that by heading to the settings menu in the app, and pressing on the account tab – there you’ll find a “share my account info” button that you can undress and revoke your permission.

Here you can also find a good support:
Protected content
Protected content

Cheers,
Vera

Munich Forum

Our Global Partners