Join now

Who oversees the tax consultants in Germany? (Munich)

Hi everyone

I am having a very unfortunate situation and I am wondering who regulates and oversees the tax consultants (Steuerberater) in Germany, and most importantly, where can I file a complaint against a tax consultant?

Is there an agency in charge of consumer protection specifically for consulting about taxes?, or some sort of ombudsman that I can reach to present the case?, or who is the agency/authority in charge of consumer protection in general, if there is no specific procedures for tax consultants?

As I understand, for a Steuerberater to operate they have to be approved by the Finanzamt, and I've been checking around the related web pages but I cannot find any reference to how to complaint against a tax consultant and resolve disputes in this specific market.

Any comments/ideas are more than welcome and really really appreciated!


Munich Forum