Join now

Dogs in Oman need a foster until flights resume! (Muscat)

Dear Dog Lovers Community,
We have faced an extremely tough situation:

We left Oman with my husband in December where we still had four rescued dogs of ours taken care by our friends. We were hoping to get our dogs back to the UK once they have all their paperwork done. The plan was to bring them in May.

Unfortunately the landlord of the house where dogs were living kicked them out in February just before the coronavirus outbreak.

Ever since we have to pay for their kennels as there is no way to bring them back into UK yet due to travel restrictions. Both me and my husband lost our jobs and paying for their kennels in Oman is simply not feasible anymore. Local charities are flooded with rescue dogs and we cannot keep them there.

So we are looking for the foster home for 2 dogs of ours: Patch and Coco in Oman until regular flights resume. We are planning to bring them in the UK once we sort out their flights (hopefully by mid-September or earlier depending on when flights will resume).

The two other dogs (Pooch and Frank) will be travelling to the US for their foster houses. Unfortunately we couldn't keep four of them which is also very heartbreaking. The only thought that is keeping us optimistic is that they will be safe there.

Obviously we will cover their meals costs and vet services if needed. Dogs had all vaccines needed to be transported, including rabies), they have vet passports, chipped and neutered.
Here is a short description of both Coco and Patch and pictures are attached.
Patch (black and white dog); Patch is about 1 year old. He got off to a rough start! We rescued him as a very small puppy. He had been shot, run over and had parvovirus. The vet said it was a miracle he pulled through. He’s doing great now and is a real character. He can be quite excitable in the right company, and docile if left to his own devises. He’s great on a lead and lives walks.
Coco (sandy color dog) ; our neighbours rescued Coco as a young puppy as his mother and siblings had been killed by the police. Unfortunately the family who took Coco in didn’t know how to look after him, so we adopted him. He’s very playful and loving. He can be a little jealous of Patch getting attention! He also loves walks and adventures.
They are the best of friends, so we really hope we can foster them together until we are able to take them in the UK.

Please, help us to save our rescue dogs and give them a temporary home where they will be safe.
If you cannot help us to foster these little guys, maybe you could help us to raise some funds as bringing them back to the UK appears to be extremely expensive. Here is the link for gofundme that we started in February when this disaster only happened.
Protected content
I would like to ask you to spread this information as much as you can, so that we have more chances to find a temporary shelters for our friends.

Muscat Forum

Our Global Partners