Join now

Oman maybe an opportunity for us from Australia (Muscat)

Views

hello all
It looks like my hubby has a work opportunity in oman, they are organising us to fly over for him to have an interview as we speak. My first reaction wasn't great but now after reading so much its warming on me. Its hard to find too much that's negative, lots of positive comments.

What I need to know is about opportunities for myself, as I know I wont be able to work. Ive worked for the government for over 21 years in children's services working with children and families in need. I am currently working supporting parents with anything to do with parenting, home visit and running parent workshops. I have never not worked , so would be looking for volunteer opportunities in this field. Im currently a member of my local Rotary Club and have had a quick look and can see that they may have a club in Muscat. Can anyone suggest what might be available where I could volunteer doing work with children and families. I am in my early 40s and don't have children of my own.
My interests are scrapbooking , meeting new people , the beach, and just enjoying life.

From what I have read it seems fairly laid back with westerners around dress code, drinking but is there anything else I might need to know around culture , or safety around town.

All your help and feedback would be greatly appreciated so thank you in advance

Muscat Forum

Our Global Partners