Join now

Winter Weekend Escapes - Desert Expeditions (Muscat)

Alot of people have been chatting about the desert crossing that I run. And the interNations regulars on these trips have asked me to put some more information up about them for the public to see.
The desert is a magical beautiful place I’d love to share with you all if possible... so to help answer all your questions, and feed the demand I am extending some brief information here. Please don’t hesitate to contact me either via pm with your email id, or contact me directly to Protected content / Protected content I can send you the information booklet about these events, and help you with any questions you may have. Many best wishes to all.

Rebecca

Sharqiyah Desert Crossings

Two nights full of pure adventure, fun and adrenaline in the heart of the desert. Experience something totally unique, with the local population, away from the standard tourist path. Events are run a minimum of once a month. This is a self drive trip, however if you do require seats limited numbers can be required (charges apply).

Basic Package Pricing
Adults 13years and above OMR 40/- per person
Children Protected content OMR 20/- per child
Children below 6yrs FREE of charge

Group discount for 4 or more adults OMR 35/- each

Inclusions are as follows:
*All meals and drinks
*A Box of water per vehicle Protected content 500ml)
*Guidance from an Expert Desert Expedition Leader
*Vehicle Recovery Crews, for when vehicles get stuck and driving Support where required
*Access to the twin toilet truck

First few events are: 14th Sept, 5th October, 19th October

Wednesday – Day I Start of the Adventure

18:30 Registration and Dinner, at Al Raha Desert Camp, Badiyah

20:00 Briefing, followed by departure into to camp (approx. Protected content drive)

Arrival at camp, set up, enjoy the peaceful surrounds, and hunt for shooting stars

Thursday – Day II The Adventure Continues

07:00-8:30 Buffet Breakfast

09.00 Desert Briefing, followed by dune driving

12: Protected content Buffet Lunch, before expedition continues

17:00 Arrival at Base Camp

19:00 Tea & Coffee, Soup & Bread

20:00 Buffet dinner

Enjoy the surroundings, play the sand games, watch the stars, or simply relax

Friday – Day III The Adventure Continues

07:00-8:30 Buffet breakfast

09:00 Final briefing, followed by final desert drive

12:30 Snack time and return of walki talkies, before exiting the desert

Swimming at Juwiera Beach

Return to Muscat, approx 4 to 5hours via al Ashkarah, and Sur to Muscat highway.

Muscat Forum