1. It always costs more to travel alone. If you join a group , you share expenses, mainly the transport costs (very true in cases of road safaris) . When you stay in a room alone, you pay the single room supplement.
2. There are other parks apart from Masai Mara and you can enjoy the game viewing as well: Samburu, Amboseli, Nakuru, Meru, Tsavo etc
3. April - June is considered the lowest season and the most affordable. You can pay as low as up to 70% less than during peak season.
4. You should always carry proof of your East African Residence in order to enjoy discounts in parks and hotels.
5. It is advisable to carry a portable charger for your electronics in case of a power outage. Also note that most of the plugs are 3 pin, therefore if you have 2 pin devices, you should carry a power adapter.
6. Kenyans are very hospitable in nature.
7. Taking photographs of the official buildings e.g State House, Parliament etc is not allowed. If you would like to take photos of other people it is always polite to ask them, otherwise you might offend them.
8.The sun here is very hot :) Please make sure you carry sunscreen, hats, glasses and drink enough water.
9. Some of the best places for going on a honeymoon in East Africa: Lamu, Zanzibar, Nanyuki, Masai Mara, Bogoria, Kampala and Watamu.
10. Have a sense of humour. Stuff in Kenya might not work as it works back home. Just have fun .
If you've liked these tips, please connect with me on Internations and feel free to contact me :
Sheila Muhia | M.D.
Phone Protected content
Suite 15| Mezzanine Floor| View Park Towers| Utalii Lane| Monrovia Street |City Centre
P.O. Box Protected content Protected content , Nairobi, Kenya
Protected content | Protected content