BBC Swahili Service Recruiting (Nairobi)
The BBC Swahili Service is part of BBC Africa and we broadcast to around 20 million listeners in Eastern and Central Africa. BBC Swahili is producing
a series of TV and radio debates around the Kenyan elections complimented by an integrated Web / social media platform and training to our broadcast
partners. They seek to fill the following positions with qualified Kenyans, to be based in Nairobi, with frequent travel to various locations in Kenya:
1. Communications and Training Manager (Full time,fi xed term contract, 10 months)
2. Web Editor (Full time, fi xed term contract, 9 months)
3. Broadcast Mentor (2 positions) (Full time, fi xed term contract, 9 months)
4. Broadcast Mentor (2 positions) (Full time, fi xed termcontract, 9 months)
5. Location Manager (Full time, fi xed term contract,10 months)
6. Production Assistant (Full time, fi xed term contract, 9 months)
7. Researchers Protected content time, fi xed term contract, 10months)
8. Audience Recruitment Team (Part time,consultancy contract, 3 days per broadcast [upto 24 broadcasts])
9. TV Director (Part-time, consultancy contract, 3days per broadcast [up to 24 broadcasts])
Closing date for applications is 27th May Protected content .
Start date for all positions is July Protected content . All positions require fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili. The position comes with excellent terms and conditions on a local BBC contract. Interested candidates who meet the specifications should send a CV and a covering letter outlining role suitability and/or their motivation.
Applications should be sent to Protected content .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted