Join now

Building the first African IKEA (Nairobi)

Are you interested in partnering to build the first African IKEA?

Trying to get furniture in Nairobi is a real pain in the a**!!!!! You either have to deal with hair pulling experiences with fundis from Ngong Road, Nairobi or have to get some pricey (and mostly quiche) furniture from ridiculously priced Indian furniture show rooms. I have been yearning for an IKEA equivalent for the Kenyan market.

Because of this pain, I am now in the process of setting up a state of the art manufacturing business for furniture. I am bringing in a bunch of machinery and equipment that will allow for mass production of quality wood furniture at a fraction of the time and cost. With the equipment, we'll also be able to make bespoke furniture with the most intricate designs that will dazzle this market.

All am looking for now is experienced professionals in the field to partner with. Do you know about CAD design; CNC machining; automated woodworking tools; high-end finish upholstery; etc. If you do, please get in touch and let's see how we can work together to create the first African IKEA and try and meet the insatiable need in East and Central Africa for affordable quality furniture.

Robi
Protected content

Nairobi Forum

Our Global Partners