My name is Ben Nemeth and I am starting a meeting facilitation service focused on NGO and corporate meetings in Nairobi. After several years of working with small organizations on strategic planning, I am interested in providing professional facilitation services. To help develop this service and generate contacts I am providing free half-day facilitations to three interested organizations.
My facilitation services will help your team or organization make clear and definitive decisions during workshops or strategic meetings. By helping to cut through the noise of group discussion, I will direct your team members’ thoughts and ideas into coherent strategies and action items.
If you are interested in participating, please reach out to me at ben. Protected content .
Why should you use a facilitator?
For meetings that involve making important decisions, it is important to have an impartial moderator who can keep the conversation on track and identify the big picture messages. A facilitator can provide objectivity and impartiality to ensure that all attendees are equally heard and that all ideas are given equal space to help find common ground.
What I will do.
As your meeting facilitator, I will:
• Act as the time keeper and provide suitable time warnings and updates;
• Keep the conversation on track by setting and enforcing clear rules of communication;
• Record ideas and action items to help the group come to a consensus on common ideas;
• Organize thoughts and ideas to provide easy follow-up for the group;
• Provide a written meeting summary;
• Make the session lively and engaging.
I will facilitate meetings of up to 10 people for up to four hours. You must provide all meeting logistics.
What you provide.
While I am offering free services to start, I would like to have some basics items covered:
• Transport costs (round trip taxi ride)
• Materials (easel, flipchart, markers)
• Lunch (for morning meetings)
• Written reference if you are happy with my services
I hold a master’s degree in nonprofit management from New York University and have worked in the NGO sector for over five years. I have been in management roles at a multitude of NGOs and am familiar with chairing board meetings, and facilitating discussion to aid in decision-making. Finally, I am a people person with a strong knack for networking, learning, and meeting new people.