Job Opening - Field Operations Coordinator (Nairobi)
Job Title: Field Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Field Operations Director
Level: Mid-level position with significant growth and upward mobility potential
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience
Location: Kilifi head office with <10% field work and travel
Komaza is looking for a full-time Field Operations Coordinator based out of its Kilifi, Kenya office to manage and grow an extremely high-work volume, highly mobile field based team for a fast-growing sustainable forestry company. This is a dynamic and diverse position with significant opportunity for growth.
Komaza’s Field Operations department serves an as the backbone of Komaza’s operations and first line of contact in the field. Several teams operate under the umbrella of Field Operations. The largest of these teams is the Field Extension Network (FEN) comprised of Field Managers and officers as well as Associates who operate from various field offices. The FEN is directly responsible for the success of thousands of farms and is the direct support unit to our thousands of partner farmers.
The Field Operations Coordinator is a manager of extraordinary calibre and must always be answering the questions, “How can I make the team more efficient?”, “How can I improve this system or that one?”, “How can I improve the communication and the reporting on this project or that?”. It is the Field Operations Coordinator’s job to think through building the FEN’s systems and team, with unlimited potential to grow into management and leadership roles with the department.
As the Field Operations Coordinator, a typical day might include:
- Create a work plan with quantifiable, measurable daily work
- Liaise with Field Managers on challenges and duties of team management
- Monitor and improve budgets
- Manage the data collection of information from the field
- Oversee the case management for the field support
- Plan and coordinate new partner farmer recruitment and land surveys
- Coordinate logistics for materials needed in the field
This job might be for you, if:
- You have amazing computer skills (Excel, Emailing, Word)
- You are confident with the responsibility of managing a huge team
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have amazing logistical and coordination skills
- You are extremely results oriented and like to get things done
- You are pro-active and take challenges head-on
How to get this job:
In order to land this awesome opportunity you will need to love helping and growing people. A Bachelor’s degree in any related field and about 3 years work experience will definitely be helpful. If you want to move to sunny Kilifi on the Kenyan coast, do something meaningful which will have huge impact on the local communities, are not afraid of a complex and tough job, and want to grow professionally and personally then please apply for this role. Please send your maximum 3 page-CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit as well as why you want to work for Komaza to Protected content with “REF: FIELD OPERATIONS COORDINATOR APPLICATION” in the subject matter line. Please do not send your academic documents and any other documents not asked for in this job ad. The deadline for this application is the 14th February Protected content .