Job Opening - Information Technology Manager (Nairobi)
Job Title: Information Technology Manager
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Level: Mid-level position with significant growth and upward mobility potential
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience
Location: Kilifi head office
Open to Kenyan citizens only
Komaza is looking for a full-time Information Technology Manager based out of its Kilifi, Kenya office to manage and grow the IT team and lend amazing IT support to the organization as a whole. This is a dynamic and diverse position with significant opportunity for growth.
Komaza’s Information Technology department (IT) as a main internal service provider, liaising with the different departments and making sure that it’s internal network is supporting the rest of the organization and makes sure that teams have the hard- and software they need to do their jobs. The IT department troubleshoots issues and supports projects.
The Information Technology Manager is an IT expert who knows how to design, build and grow as well as maintain a complicated IT infrastructure. He/She constantly has to answer questions like: “How can I improve the support level?”, “How can I make this system more efficient?” “How can I improve the communication and the reporting on this project or that?”. It is the IT Manager’s job to think through challenges concerning the IT support and ways to improve the same.
As the Field Operations Coordinator, a typical day might include:
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Design and implement systems, policies and procedures
- Oversee troubleshooting
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Ensure that assets are issued and maintained responsibly.
- Manage a team of staff, including support specialists
- Maintain and motivate staff
This job might be for you, if:
- You have exceptional service orientation
- You have the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have familiarity with information security vulnerabilities
- You have familiarity with process and procedure design to build scalable systems
- You are proactive and problem solving
- You possess the willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally
- You have the ability to work with cross-cultural teams
How to get this job:
In order to land this awesome opportunity you will need to love helping and growing people. A Bachelor’s degree in any related field and about 3 years work experience will definitely be helpful. If you want to move to sunny Kilifi on the Kenyan coast, do something meaningful which will have huge impact on the local communities, are not afraid of a complex and tough job, and want to grow professionally and personally then please apply for this role. Please send your maximum 3 page-CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit as well as why you want to work for Komaza to Protected content with “REF: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER” in the subject matter line. Please do not send your academic documents and any other documents not asked for in this job ad. The deadline for this application is the 14th February Protected content .