Join now

Pick yourself: (Nairobi)

Assumption: Having gone through the Kenyan education system, my teacher programmed me to believe that I have to raise my hand to be picked. What an illusion!!! The education system simply created a culture of people who know nothing about picking themselves. So this self talk is dedicated to you who spent time Protected content to be picked.

Perhaps you have waiting this long to be picked. Some have been picked into employment that is slowly killing them, some in jobs or marriages they are not happy in. That is one trait of being picked that must change. Pick yourself and you will always win.

If you wish to be responsible for you’re your marriage, pick your partner, if you want to be responsible for inspiring others, go ahead and do that. Whatever it is that you want to change, take the first lead and do it. Waiting to get picked has never brought about change. Change is disruptive and that is the basis of picking yourself.

Success is not a subject of popularity, or the most clicked on post on Facebook or the most liked person. In fact, in many cases, it will never happen that way. By picking yourself, you embrace the reality that it’s never been easier to decide to be responsible for your own work, for your won agenda, or for the change you wish to make in the world.

Picking yourself simply means you must have a chance to matter and that chance starts right now.

by #AmNxt

Nairobi Forum

Our Global Partners