Join now

Urgeng Advice Needed (Nairobi)

I could use some advice. I moved here July 1 with my family to do some contracting work. Things haven’t turned out too well for us so we’re going home. My employer is asking me to submit a letter of resignation before they will buy us tickets home. He has instructed me to say in the letter I, “voluntarily withdrew and requests [the company] not to proceed with the acquisition of the special immigration passes for him and his 4 family members…“.

I don’t know the significance of requesting them “not to proceed with the acquisition of the special immigration passes”, but it sounds like if I don't have that form they don't have to pay me. Is that correct? What is the purpose of the special immigration pass

Please note that I have already read the Kenya immigration website information on the pass and I still don't understand the implications of me saying "I don't want you to give us these passes", so if you simply quote that website to me it won't help unfortunately. Other sites I've read include:

- < Protected content
- < Protected content
- < Protected content
- < Protected content
- < Protected content . Note that this article, published January Protected content , says, "In December last year, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i announced that the Immigration Department would no longer be issuing work permits or special immigration passes to applicants who come to the country on tourist visas but wish to regularise their stay by applying for work permits or special passes while already in the country". We came on a tourist visa.

Nairobi Forum

Our Global Partners