Join now

CSR & Volunteering in Delhi NCR & Around (New Delhi)

Views

Hi Everyone,

I recently moved to Delhi NCR with my company, Michael Page.

From January (this month) I am trying to set up our CSR plan to run for the next 12 months in Delhi NCR. As a business we do have a (very) good track record around the Region for supporting local causes.

It seems to me that there are a lot of very deserving organisations & initiatives although taking a quick straw poll from my people in the office here, two themes are very popular: 1) Women's Empowerment and Protected content Education & Support.

Its still quite early days and so far I have only been in touch with an organisation called Via Desh (who have been very good). This weekend they organised a trip for me & two colleagues to a shelter for runaway children at a Don Bosco place in New Friends Colony. The link is here: Protected content Incidentally they are always on the look out for volunteers so any interested people should get in touch with: Jamal Protected content and Among Protected content .

I have a school friend who is with Save the Children in the UK who I have reached out to & also have emailed a couple of UNICEF people. Does anyone else have any other ideas on this? If anyone has initiated one of these from scratch for their firm I would also be really happy to hear from you.

Two last bits of information: we are a young style recruitment / sales style organisation so want our contribution to be very much participation-led on a fairly frequent basis as opposed to significant cash donations. Not sure if this makes a difference(?).

Thanks,

Sam

New Delhi Forum

Our Global Partners