Helping my driver find a new job (New Delhi)
At the end of September my company are relocating me to Malaysia which sadly means that my Driver, Bunty, and his wife Sonni (my Housekeeper) need to seek new employment. People often talk highly of their staff when they leave, but in this case I must really emphasise how good Bunty & Sonni have been to me. I have put some additional bullet points below and of course I am delighted to speak to anyone with more details if they are looking for people.
• Bunty & Sonni are in their late-20s with a young daughter, Priyanshi. Their hometown is in Eastern India (I think near Calcutta) but they have been in Delhi NCR for over ten years.
• I live in South Delhi, work in Gurgaon. Their daughter has recently started school near to Anand Niketan so this location is probably best but they are flexible.
• They have worked for me full time since September Protected content will be immediately available from the 1st October Protected content of my departure).
• Bunty was originally working full time for my UK Headquartered company, Michael Page International from our date of opening, in early Protected content .
• In September Protected content moved across to work for me full time. He does still drive for my colleagues during the day so in effect he has been an employee of an MNC (& assorted NRIs / foreigners) full time with no interruption since Protected content .
• His performance has without exception been fantastic:
- Very safe, experienced & expedient driver – all licenses & ID cards etc are in order.
- Excellent local knowledge and also longer distances – never any navigational issues (literally, not one).
- Very trustworthy – for example I have no issues whatsoever giving him cash to go & get stuff done. He is the one trying to give me the change back(!).
- Very pleased to use his initiative in order to make things quicker / easier / less frustrating. A good example being finding, organizing & negotiating the security guards at my home.
- Always punctual & reliable.
- Non-smoker, non-drinker & vegetarian.
- Always very well presented – something else that people have regularly commented upon.
- Strong command of English – written & spoken.
• It has also been commented on to me by people who have lived in Delhi / Gurgaon for many years that I am very lucky to have Bunty as my Driver.
• Bunty works full-time at INR14K/month plus the usual OT rates. His wife Sonni the same for INR6K/mth. I also give Bunty & his family in my servants accommodation. Their annual leave is taken when I am out of the country.
Thank you again,