Looking for a Webmaster/Web Integrator (New Delhi)
India But Different!
Shanti Travel is a fast growing Indo-western Tour Operator based in New Delhi. An e-based, inbound travel company, we have been providing quality tailor made package tours for travelers to the Indian Sub-Continent for 5 years. We are seeking an experienced Webmaster or web integrator to join our Communications team and find out why Shanti Travel is “India, but different”.
What we are looking for
We are launching a brand new network of more than Protected content to promote our destinations and activities in 5 languages. For this project, we are looking for a talented full-time webmaster who will be responsible for the websites optimization and content management.
An experienced Protected content Webmaster/Web Integrator, who is ready to start a 12 months, renewable contract with a 3 months probation period. You are available to start work ASAP. You have a flexible, dynamic and innovative personality, and an open mind to new cultures, with the ability to work independently and be solutions focused. You are passionate about travel, the Web and new technologies.
• Integrate the content written by our travel advisors to the new websites.
• Establish policies and procedures around content management
• Research emerging technologies and services that may enhance the Web experience and make recommendations.
• While the primary purpose of this position is development and presentation of communication content, this position requires a combination of technical IT knowledge and skill in written and graphic communication.
• Responsible for updating the websites.
• MUST have a strong knowledge of Drupal, the CMS that is used to manage the websites
• A strong understanding of HTML & CSS, Ajax & Flash if possible
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite experience (Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator)
• Demonstrated leadership in project management
• Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with others and recommend solutions
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Do you speak more than one language?
• All candidates must be fluent in oral and written English
• We are also looking for people who are also fluent in French, German or Spanish or Italian (oral and written). This is not a pre-requisite.
What We Offer You:
• 1 free educational trip in India, to help you to explore the diverse and exciting destination that is India.
• Practical training to help you get started in Shanti Travel.
• A fun team atmosphere.
• We promote from within whenever possible. You'll be encouraged to grow and develop your career by becoming a part of our Management Team.
One of the advantages of joining Shanti Travel is that you will be working in an international environment with people from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, India and Australia. You will also gain invaluable, hands on experience of the complete process of communications, marketing and sales; from planning to analysis, design to publication; everything is done in house.
Salary packages + individual and team based sales incentives paid monthly, open to negotiation according to your profile and experience.
You must be fully insured for medical and repatriation expenses during your stay in India, and you must also have valid social security. For French employees the company will reimburse you for the cost of your social security after the 3 month probation period. You will be responsible for the purchase of your international flight ticket, please ensure that you book an “open ticket”. From time to time you may be required to travel within India. Office Hours: 10 am to 7 pm, with a lunch break. Sometimes you may be required to work longer hours. We work 5 and a half days per week (when you are at the office), you will have every second Saturday and every Sunday OFF. For your information, employees in India generally work 6 days per week. Holiday Leave: 24 days including public holidays subject to our leave policy.
What is it like to live and work in Delhi?
Delhi is home to approximately 20 million people. A big city experiencing a boom in population and income. With a young population, as with many countries of the South, the middle class is growing quickly, and you will see large disparities in the distribution of wealth. The city is polluted and the traffic is congested during the peak hours; commuting is very time consuming, noisy, dusty and dirty. Cultural life in Delhi is still developing compared to the large European cities, but you will still find plenty to do, with
many concerts, expos and shows to attend. The night life is primarily reserved for the “Upper class”. The young French-speaking community (expats + Indian French-speaking people who often work in tourism) is rather active, and there are many festivals throughout the year! The Alliance Française is also well organized and active in Delhi, as well as the French Arts Centre, and you have access to a good library &
Delhi, like any major city in India, is not an “easy” place to live: Temperatures are extreme (as cold as 0 degrees overnight in December and January, up to Protected content in summer). The extreme poverty of a large section of the population, the pollution and noise, and adjusting to an Indo-western work culture (system of the castes, Hinduism etc) all add to the challenging yet rewarding experience of living and working in India.
Interested? Please send your CV & cover letter to: Protected content