Join now

Moving to Delhi in Feb 2012 (New Delhi)

Hello all,
I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada and have been living in Asia (Seoul, Korea and most recently Beijing, China) for the past 5 years.

I have just accepted an offer for a position in New Delhi and will be leaving China and moving to New Delhi in early February of Protected content . My family (wife and 2 young children will be joining me). We are all very excited about the opportunity to live in India and look forward to meeting fellow expats from Canada and around the world.

Some questions:

- I am registering the kids for the American Embassy School. (I also checked out the British school while on my last trip but felt pretty unwelcome. The American school on the other hand seemed more than happy to answer all questions and the Admissions Director took me on an extensive tour of the facilities.) Given that the kids will be at AES, what are your recommendations for best neighborhoods to live in?

- I also tried on my last trip to visit the Canadian club but couldn't get past the front gate. Does anyone know who I can contact to join the Canadian club? I've heard it's nice, has a gym (critical for me) and a good place to meet fellow Canadians.

- Any tips on where to take up temporary accommodation (serviced apartment etc) while we look for a house once we land in February?

- We had a philippino nanny in Korea and it was amazing. Anyone know of any good agencies in Delhi that can assist with getting domestic help?

Appreciate any advice any of you can give on the above, and happy to take any other advice anyone else has.

Kind Regards

New Delhi Forum

Our Global Partners