Join now

Work for an NGO but don't speak Hindi? Documentary (New Delhi)

Views

Hey folks! I hope this sort of thing is okay to post here - I'm having trouble finding other New Delhi expat communities online.

My name is Christian Aeschliman - I am a story researcher and a casting director in Los Angeles. I'm working on an exciting documentary film project. I’m looking for a few types of New Delhi stories for a documentary about translation and illiteracy.

I wonder if any of you are or know of any foreign NGO workers who use translation software because they're not fluent in Hindi or another local language.

If so, please contact me - I would like to tell you a bit more about this project and possibly interview you to see if you'd be a good fit for it.

If you're interested, please send the following info to Protected content

- Name
- Where you're originally from
- Where you live now
- A photo of yourself
- What language(s) can you speak?
- Occupation & NGO
- What's your story? How did you start working in New Delhi? How long have you been here? How does not knowing Hindi affect your life/work?

We're looking for outgoing people. You don't have to be the biggest extrovert in the world or anything, but you should be comfortable talking to us about your story!

This is our final week of working on this project ... and Holi is actually our last day of casting. Yeah ... it's going to be a tough week for us so if you're interested, please get back to us right away!

New Delhi Forum

Our Global Partners