Join now

$1400 / 1br - North Park Slope summer sublet (New York)

My room will be available from June, 27th to August 23rd. This Brownstone house is NOT split in apartments, it's this entire house! Shared with 3 great roommates. And we have washer and dryer!!!

It's situated in prime North Park Slope. Our block is quiet, and our neighborhood is bursting with great things to do walking distance: Prospect Park (created by the same planner who created Central Park; farmers market every Saturday) is just a few blocks away; the coffee shops, boutiques, and restaurants (amazing food choices) of 5th and 7th Ave are right around the corner; grocery stores, laundromats (but who cares since you'll have washer and dryer in the house!), hardware stores, fitness and yoga centers, all within a few blocks. The new Barclay's center and the BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) are next door, so cool to go see some shows.

The location can't be beat as it is also close to so many train stations. You'll have Q, B, 2 and 3 trains 3 minutes away (literally not even 2 blocks away). Atlantic Ave station is super close too with pretty much every train (N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D).

The house is beautiful, well decorated and spacious. : A living room / dining room (with a piano and TV); a kitchen (with dishwasher); a fire place and 2(yes 2!) bathrooms (with shower/tub), washer/dryer, air conditioners. Cable, internet/Wi-Fi and maid every other week are included. And we have a patio! Perfect for BBQ :)

The bedroom itself is big, with space for your clothes, a queen size bed, but it easily fits a queen size air mattress next to it when friends are visiting, also with good light.

About me: I am a French teacher, going back home for the summer, which is why I am subleasing, I love this place so much, I don't want to lose my bedroom..
About the roommates: you share the bathroom with only one of them, so in the end it's like living with only one roommate! The 2 others have their own bathroom on a different floor. They are 3 guys in their late 20's, all of them with a full time job. 2 Argentinians and 1 American. Super nice, laidback. They are barely home, but when they are we all like to hang out, chat, have a drink or diner together, and cook. And the space is big enough that if you'd rather be by yourself you can too. Their is also a very lovely and friendly dog named Bosco.

I would be happy to have someone stay for part of that time, but I would rather find someone willing to do the full time, if possible. We are looking for one roommate only, with no pets (one is enough...). The rate is $1400/month If staying a month or longer, so Protected content the entire time. The rate per week would be Protected content week.

If you're interested, please share a little about yourself and what dates you're interested in and I'll get back to you ASAP. I'll be showing the apartment over the next couple days, I'm usually available after 6pm.
pictures on craigslist Protected content