The Shchukin Gallery, a gallery specializing in Russian modern and contemporary art, is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, and multitalented gallery assistant for its Chelsea location.
This is an administrative job in a company with a staff of Protected content , therefore teamwork and communication are paramount. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10 am-6 pm.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Higher education (at least a BA, preferably in art history or with an extensive knowledge of modern or contemporary art).
2. Fluency in English and Russian (preferred).
3. Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suit (including PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Macromedia Dreamweaver) desirable, but not necessary.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication.
5. Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask efficiently.
1. Administrative tasks and assisting with everyday gallery operations, including answering the telephone, keeping track of gallery visitors, and handling initial client inquiries.
2. Paperwork (holding paid and unpaid invoices, etc.).
3. Work in Mailchimp (creating exhibition checklists, signage, email announcements and newsletters).
4. Assisting the gallery director with client presentations. This includes direct contact with clients and creating and sending follow-up price lists and visuals.
5. Managing marketing and PR outreach, including advertising and gallery guide postings.
$ Protected content a one month probationary period and approximately $ Protected content month following the first month, depending on the trial period.
If you are interested, please send your CV on e-mail: Protected content