Join now

Dance like your favorite artist! (New York)

I just wanted to let everyone know about a great dance fitness studio/workout that is very New York and American! I think it would be a great "only-in-New York" thing for the InterNations community to explore.

Broadway Bodies is a dance fitness studio that regularly holds dance fitness classes. One can learn how to learn Michael Jackson's Moonwalk, the routine to Janet Jackson's "Miss You Much" or "Ease On Down The Road" as they do in the famous '70s musical, "The Wiz." The weekly schedule of classes consist of Michael Jackson Mondays, Broadway Cardio (like Zumba, but to showtunes) on Tuesdays and Saturdays, "Glee" and Strip Cardio (shed pounds, not clothing) classes on Wednesdays, and a sampler class on Thursdays.

In addition to private classes, you can hire a private instructor for an individual or group lesson. The instructors are super-friendly (probably the friendliest and most approachable dance teachers in town!) and they all come from either Broadway or touring productions of Broadway shows with show credits that include Chicago, West Side Story, Altar Boyz, Beauty and the Beast, Miss Saigon and more.

Private instructors can customize a dance for you to learn and teach in the following styles:
-Michael Jackson
-Broadway
-Burlesque
-Beyoncé

Broadway Bodies also offers wedding-specific packages (for the couple's first dance or for the entire wedding party) - wedding specialties include waltz, cha-cha, rumba, swing, hip-hop, high-energy Broadway, and other styles.

Representative Instructors (Broadway/National Tour Credits) are:
Stephen Brotebeck (Peter and the Starcatcher, Ghost, Pippin)
Michelle Potterf (Chicago, Beauty and the Beast)
Molly Tynes (Pippin, Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang)
Kurt Domoney (A Chorus Line, 42nd Street)
Joseph Corella (All Shook Up, Grease)
Joey Komara (Grease, Annie Get Your Gun)
Rommel Pierre O'Choa (The King and I, West Side Story)
Travis Nesbitt (Altar Boyz, The Producers)

You can learn more by emailing broadwaybodies [at] gmail [dot] com or visiting Protected content .

Here are also some other resources where you can learn more:
Martha Stewart Weddings - Protected content
Yelp! - Protected content
YouTube - Protected content

New York Forum

Our Global Partners