Join now

FW: 2 Bedroom Astoria Apartment- $1600 total or $8 (New York)

Posting for a friend – please contact her directly: Protected content

- Alan Cordova
Subject: 2 Bedroom Astoria Apartment- $ Protected content or $800 per room

Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for taking the time to speak with me last night and for offering to spread the word about the apartment! (I really appreciate it!) As I mentioned, my roommates and I are moving from our fantastic two-bedroom apartment in Astoria. I'm moving in early May, they're moving at the end of May. We're looking for someone to take over our lease for the remainder of the year (with an opportunity to renew after December if desired). The details of the apartment are below. Anyone who is interested or has questions can contact me at Protected content or Protected content .

Thanks so much!

Bharathi

The rooms and rent:

One or both bedrooms are available for rent--one bedroom available beginning May 8 (possibly earlier if required), the other bedroom available beginning June 1. (Please let me know if you are interested in one bedroom or both.) The move-in dates are negotiable. The total rent of the apartment is $1600, so $800 per room. This is a great price for such a nice apartment in this area! Utilities are separate. A security deposit of $ Protected content also required upfront.

**The person taking the apartment must be willing to take over a lease beginning June 1 and lasting until December Protected content will be an opportunity to renew if desired). The person must have good credit because a credit report will be required.**

The apartment:

I will have pictures very shortly that I can e-mail to you (please ask). This very spacious apartment consists of two large bedrooms with big windows; one very clean bathroom with bathtub and shower; a kitchen with lots of cabinets, oven, stove, fridge, wine rack, and bar-style seating area; and a living room containing a big storage room. There are hardwood floors throughout the apartment and the whole place is in excellent condition since the prior residents have been very clean and careful with the place.

There is also plenty of furniture here--some of which can be left for free, some of which will be sold. It is preferable if the person taking the apartment would be willing to buy some of the furniture as well (pieces and prices can be discussed if you are interested in the place).

The apartment is located on the ground level so you don't have to walk up stairs. It is elevated though and facing an inner courtyard so you don't have to worry about any noise from the street. The whole place is very quiet. There is no laundry in the building, but the laundromat is half a block away.

The location:

The apartment is on 28th Avenue--a 5 minute walk from the 30th Avenue subway station (N,W train) and a 5 minute to the Astoria-Ditmars Blvd subway station and the M60 bus, which takes you just over the bridge into Upper East Side and West Side, as well as LaGuardia airport. The Steinway Station, with the R and V trains, is a 15 minute walk away.

This is my favorite neighborhood in all of New York. It is a fantastic location with all essentials very close by (grocery stores, pharmacies) as well as lots of great restaurants, sidewalk cafes, beer gardens, wine bars, cinemas, speciality food markets, small shops, etc. You'll be spoiled for choice! It is very diverse and has a really nice community feel to it with both families and young professionals living here. It is also very safe. I often walk home late at night and have never had a problem--in fact there are a lot of people still in cafes at that time.

Please contact me at Protected content or Protected content you are interested.

New York Forum