Join now

Get career coaching for a job search in the U.S. (New York)

Are you looking for a job or making a career transition but are not quite sure how to adapt yourself and your application materials for the job search process in the U.S.?

From resume and interviewing styles to networking, there may be slight or quite large differences between the way a job search is carried out in the U.S. and what you are familiar with, and not knowing these can make the difference in your success.

I have been a career counselor and coach for over six years, both at Columbia University, one of the top universities in U.S., and privately, working with clients to help them identify meaningful career paths and develop the confidence and skills to pursue their goals. At Columbia, I worked with numerous international students and am familiar with the challenges they faced in the job search.

I help clients at all stages of job search process, including

• Resumes/cover letters
• Interview skills
• Building a network (e.g., develop a pitch, LinkedIn)
• Job search strategy
• Career transition
• Identifying strengths, interests and values to help focus the job search

As a generalist, I have helped clients interested in a variety of industries, including finance, consulting, engineering, not-for-profit, the arts, and media, I received my BA from Harvard and my MA in Philosophy and Education from Columbia.

If you would like to learn more about me and my services, please contact me at Protected content .

I look forward to hearing from you!

Katherine Jo

New York Forum