Join now

Upwardly Global--Assisting Immigrant Professionals--Event May 29 (New York)

One time when I was still working for the restaurant, the restaurant owner lady told me that I am a hard worker but it’s not enough to succeed, I also need opportunity. And I think Upwardly Global gave me a lot of opportunities to find my success. But, she said opportunity only comes once, so I have to be prepared when it comes. Upwardly Global not only gave me the opportunity, but also made me ready for when it came.”
Jufri, Indonesia, Evaluator, World Education Services
First job in US: Dishwasher at a restaurant

Friends of UpGlo,

Since we opened our doors in New York City less than two years ago, Upwardly Global has helped over Protected content and unemployed immigrant professionals move back into their career field at an average starting salary of more than $42,000 with benefits, helping their families, the economy, and enriching the immigrant tradition of our country.

This year, we want to help even more. Upwardly Global is launching its first capital campaign: Protected content of Change. We are aiming to raise $180,000 dollars in individual donations this year to help Protected content professionals make a Protected content difference in their lives.

But we need help to do it! Upwardly Global's Junior Board is kicking off our campaign with a fundraiser on May 29th, from 7pm-10pm, at the Soho Loft. Join me in this great space to meet successful alumni from our program, mingle with a special network of globally-minded professionals, and help us deliver the American dream to immigrant professionals in New York City.

Address for RSVP: Protected content

Can’t make it but still willing to support Upwardly Global? Here's the address to make a donation: Protected content

Event Details
Date: Thursday May 29, Protected content
Time: 7pm – 10pm
Address: Protected content St., Third Floor
Hosts: Upwardly Global’s Junior Board. Support provided by Global Nomads ( Protected content ), a members-only social network and online magazine for globally minded citizens.
Ticket Prices: $100 for one ticket. $180 for two tickets. ($118 and $200 at the door.)
Attendees: We expect Protected content from the Upwardly Global and Global Nomads network, as well as Upwardly Global’s staff and invited jobseekers.

Want to learn more? Visit us at Protected content
We're always looking for volunteers to mentor or provide guidance to our jobseekers during their American job search. Here's the address for more information about volunteering: Protected content

New York Forum

Our Global Partners