Join now

Upwardly Global Fundraiser - tomorrow - 29 May (New York)

I'm reaching out to remind you of the fundraiser I'm helping organize for Upwardly Global, this amazing organization that helps legal immigrants get jobs in their fields. We are very lucky migrants, and what better than to help the not-so-fortunate ones get a better job.

-Upwardly Global is the ONLY non profit in the US that focuses on helping immigrant professionals get the help they need to rebuild their careers and lives in the US.

-Upwardly Global creates tremendous economic impact. Their jobseekers are unemployed or working in low wage jobs making $10.82 on average before they enroll in the program and placed jobseekers have an average starting salary of more than $42K with full benefits. Their one year economic impact for immigrant families is nearly $3MM. If you project out, these families will make significantly more over a lifetime as a result of re-entering the white collar workforce.

- They do it super efficiently. For example - most nonprofits spend up to 15% on their rent alone in NYC. Upwardly Global spends 6%!

Come on Thursday, hear their stories, listen to live music (Sameer Tolani of The Memories Protected content , purchase art, enjoy a few drinks and have some tasty middle-eastern food.

The swanky Soho Loft Protected content Street, between Spring and Broome, 3rd floor) will serve as the evening's backdrop, and you'll meet cool people.

Buy your ticket here: Protected content
They are $100, and $90 if you buy more than one.
Online ticket purchases will close this evening. While they will sell tickets at the door, know that prices will be higher.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday,

All my best,
Janera

New York Forum

Our Global Partners