We're looking for a bookkeeper (New York)
The company I work for is looking for a bookkeeper, here is the information:
Full Charge Bookkeeper, Part-time Telecommute
We seek a motivated, experienced accounting professional for a minimum of 20 hours per week. This position will transform into full time within six months. Most work can be performed remotely. Must have extensive Quickbooks and accounting knowledge. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Accounts Receivable Management:
Direct the regular preparation and delivery of invoices. Manage the receivables collection process and administer customer contracts. Maintain active tracking of receivables with communication to management.
Accounts Payable Management:
Manage paperwork associated with vendor billings and payments. Administer subcontractor contracts and ensure timely payments for services. Oversee the arrangements with vendors and service providers and ensure timely payments. Oversee company loans, leases and credit cards, and ensure proper and timely payments.
Payroll and Benefits Administration:
Direct the collection and processing of time and expense reports. Coordinate payroll processing with outside payroll processing provider. Track and administer company's vacation and time off policies. Manage the company's health and dental insurance program. Administer state and federal regulatory reporting and maintain employee records.
Reconcile cash and other balance sheet accounts. Update supporting schedules and prepare and post journal entries. Prepare financial statements and management reporting.
Required Skills and Experience:
The fully qualified candidate will have the following experience:
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
• Three years of experience is preferred but will consider strong candidates who present with less. However, this is not an entry level position.
• Strong experience working with Quickbooks Pro and Microsoft Excel.
• Three professional references
Attributes that will be critical to success in this position include:
• Strong interpersonal skills: outgoing, positive, energetic person with a can-do attitude.
• Ability to deal with demanding clients with constantly shifting priorities. • Ability to keep confidential highly sensitive company plans and data.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong personal initiative.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work effectively with employees and senior managers of the company.
• Able to handle multiple priorities.
• Willingness to tackle unfamiliar tasks.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
MSI Mobile Solutions develops mobile apps for clients in a variety of industries. We have been in business for fifteen years with offices in New York and Florida. This position will be paid hourly until it will turn into a full-time position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, combined into one pdf.