Join now

Flat rental (Nice)

Views

Hello,

Currently living in London but planning to relocate to Nice/ Cagnne sur mere, Antibes. We are a couple looking to rent for a minimum 1 year period starting 01/09/2016.
I have visited Nice recently from 30/04 to 07/05/ Protected content a hope to conclude rental contract of a 3 pieces flat, however after having viewed few flats and submitted my dossier, I was faced with a harsh reality. For a British looking to rent in France is simply a nightmare mission, the least, to me it was. I have realised that none of my payslips, business contracts, incomes from UK were to be acceptable to any French landlords or real estate agencies!. I was asked to provide a CDI (permanent job contract) or French payslips with tax return proofs in France. I'm quite stunned with this as with my family we're still in a process of re-location from London to Nice, technically it's not possible for us to provide such documents? Does this sound like a fair deal? Why a French in Britain would find it a lot less harder to rent a flat and settle?. I would very much appreciate if anyone knows of a solution or possible advise around this.

Please advise us of any British estate agency or landlords renting 2 bedroom flat (3 pieces )
Regards
Idriss

Nice Forum

Our Global Partners