Join now

Trailing Spouse Feeling Blue (Nice)

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is forward but I felt compelled to write this message. I'm a traveling spouse in a different sense as I'm an American married to a French Navy Sailor named Greg and live in Le Luc, France with him at the moment. I left the U.S. to be with him and marry him and now I'm drowning in the "suburbs" of Provence, France.

My days here are solely filled with twice weekly community French class, binge watching sitcoms, running to the grocery store, laundry, and housework - All things I swore to myself I would never do as an intelligent and capable working class woman. I've become so lonely, bored, and resentful that Greg, my only real friend here in France, doesn't fully understand.

Again, I know this is a lot to take in from a complete stranger, unannounced but I feel as if I'm at a crossroads. Either I pull out all the stops and put aside my pride and reach out to strangers who may have been in the same situation, or I accept defeat and I go home, broken. Since I'm not ready to be broken yet I'm hoping that someone here might be able to offer some advice. Thanks in advance for taking the time to delve into my crazy.

Warm Regards,
Sarah

Nice Forum

Our Global Partners