Join now

Re Moving to Norway to live with Norwegian partner (Oslo)

Views

Hi, my daughter has just moved to Oslo and is having issues registering with the Police at UDI before she can get an appointment at a tax office in Oslo , they have said that there is no appointment available until May, which she's booked so at least she's on the system, they have said it is ok to stay in Norway because she's done this, but, there is a clear language barrier, and she can't obtain her D number before the appointment at UDI.
Her personal belongings are currently being shipped by courier from the UK (with full inventory) addressed to her partners address in Oslo where she'll be residing. She tried to speak to several authorities today but I do not think that they are understanding her situation? She is self sufficient financially at the moment, but will be looking for a job very soon. Has anyone else had issues similar to hers, and if so do you have any advice to speed up the process? I have also read that she can present herself at a local police station to register, does anyone know if this is correct? She's only been here for a day and is already pulling her hair out due to conflicting information and frustration. Any advice would be most welcome. Many thanks

Oslo Forum

Our Global Partners