Join now

Spillexpo - Videogame Convention 30.11 - 02.12 (Oslo)

Hi everyone,

Just want to inform you that there will be a videogaming convention held this weekend at the Lillestrøm Convention Centre (Norges Varemesse - Lillestrøm) showing off the newest of electronic entertainment that is about to hit stores in the future. The convention tries to replicate the famous Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and Tokyo Game Show (TGS) exhibitions, which are held every year in Los Angeles and Tokyo. With E3 being closed from public, Spillexpo is open to all visitors.

Although much smaller in size, if you are a fan of PC and videogames, please make time this weekend and come and enjoy what's new for this year and the future to come.

Some of the exhibitors or developers on the list are:

Playstation
Nintendo
Microsoft Xbox
Ubisoft
Electronic Arts (EA),
among others.

There will also be major tournaments in PC games like StarCraft 2 and League of Legends, as well as smaller competitions in other titles.

I will be helping Nintendo promote their newest console, the Wii U, so if you come to the stand I could introduce you to the new mechanics and games the console has to offer.

The convention is open from Friday till Sunday Protected content November - 2nd of December) with the following opening hours:

Friday: 11:00 to 20:00
Saturday: 10:00 to 18:00
Sunday: 11:00 to 17:00

How to get there:

Norges Varemesse is located close to Lillestrøm Central Station. It will take you around 5 minutes to walk to the convention centre and there are signs guiding you in the right direction from the exit of the station.

The train ride takes approximately 11 minutes from Oslo Central Sation.

The ones with larger families going by car, please check Googlemaps for directions on how to get there. According to the site, it takes around Protected content by car from Oslo Central Station.

There is parking available charged at the following prices:

1 hour: 20 NOK
2 Hours: 40 NOK
3 Hours: 60 NOK
Any following hour/s: 10 NOK
24 hour: Protected content

Address: Messeveien 8, Protected content
Check Googlemaps if you are unsure on how to get there from the station.

Here is a link to the homepage.
Protected content

Unfortunately it's all in Norwegian, and I do not have access to my mobile during working hours. Hopefully you can contact the convention centre if you happen to face any problems.

I assume that tickets can be bought at the convention centre, but according to Billetservice.no, prices are listed as follows:'

Ordinary tickets: Protected content
Children age Protected content 79 NOK
Family of 2 adults 2 children: Protected content
Children under the age of 9: FREE ADMISSION

Like mentioned above, these are the prices when bought at Billettservice.no. I do not know if the prices differ when bought directly at the convention. I do know from personal experience at large gaming conventions that, you save a lot of time having tickets ready up front. The ticket queues might be longer than expected.

I will be happy to answer questions on the forum before and after working hours. I am slated to work all three days.

Alright, hope to see some of you gaming enthusiast at the show!

Oslo Forum

Our Global Partners