Join now

study on expats (Oslo)

My name is Olena and I am a master student at BI Norwegian Business School.

Am writing my thesis for which I have to do a study on people working abroad (if said simply).
Hence, I am looking for people who have worked in at least 2 different countries then their own for 2 different employers. Again, simply said, it’s a kind of expats.
I would be interested to know about their experience of moving from country to country, looking for job, socializing, about motives leading such lifestyle and it’s challenges, future plans etc. - basically why and how people move around like they do. It is a new topic in the scientific literature so I am interested in very basic little things and the questions are very simple. I can send you a list of questions prior if needed.

I think it is important because the countries and the companies are not always fully prepared to provide adequate atmosphere to help people adapt socially and professionally after moving. I felt like Internations kind of serve such purpose so you can understand my motives of conducting such research.

Please, send me a message if you feel you can help me with my research by participating (answering a few simple questions) or referring me to somebody. I would really appreciate any help as it is difficult to contact big companies and they also not often understand what kind of people I look for.

Also, let me know if you wish to get more information about my study and I will gladly answer any questions.

Meanwhile, enjoy the summer! :-)

Olena

Oslo Forum

Our Global Partners