Join now

Enquiries Regarding Ottawa

Views

Dear Friends,

Good day to you. Highly appreciate if you could kindly advice (if possible) on the following matters, please.

For your kind information, I am arriving Ottawa at the end of November Protected content . In addition, I have never been to Canada and USA. Hence, I am excited to reside in Ottawa!

01) I heard the winter in Ottawa is Protected content Celsius (OMG! I will be freezing to death!). Thus, do you think it is wiser that I purchase my winter coats from Ottawa when I am there? What are the reputable brands that sell winter clothings? How is the fashion? I do have my own winter coats that I wore when I flew to Moscow, Paris, Munich etc.

02) What is the best prepaid plan and company that is value for money and cost effective? I will need to contact my mother (whom is residing in Malaysia) once a week. My mom is quite old and doesn't know how to use computer nor Skype. In addition, I will need a plan to use in Canada. Do you think that it is more advisable that I purchase one calling card for international call? And a SIM card/plan for calls in Canada and USA? Appreciate if you could kindly advice the company's name and advisable plan, please.

03) I heard that there is a Chinatown in Ottawa. Do they sell Cantonese/Chinese and Malay food ingredients (i.e. spices, sesame oil, light soya sauce, dried scallops, dried anchovies, curry powder etc? As my humble self, I know how to cook Cantonese and Malay cuisine only (not professional just normal meals only. Ha! Ha!).

04) What is the best shopping mall(s) in Ottawa? May I have the name(s) and location please? Is it convenient to get there by public transport or need to drive to the respective shopping mall(s)?

Your kind and professional advice is highly regarded and appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and kind advice.

Have a beautiful Sunday ahead.

Kind regards… Shirley

Ottawa Forum

Our Global Partners