Join now

From Ottawa to Montebello.. for a good cause

On Saturday, September 20, I ran the full Protected content distance - in the Sears Great Canadian Run (SGCR) from Toronto - Caledon to Blue Mountain. And I will run again - another Protected content from Ottawa to Montebello on Saturday, October 4th.

Running this distance (more than double of a full marathon) is quite a workout and means going though some agonizing pain - However, this is NOT about the running - This is to helping children and their families, about supporting them while undergoing treatments, and hopefully one day soon finding a cure, this about ENDING KIDS CANCER.

Last Saturday we received a little gift from one of our team members while running (see photo on the page…as per link provided below). Nine-year old Cole, is a survivor. He is alive because he received experimental treatment which was funded by events such as ours … You can meet Cole or his family on Oct 4th at the SGCR event along with many other families here in Ottawa who have and are going through the exact same struggles in life. Lets give them all hope. This message from Cole's mom pretty much sums it up: "Why we run. This is the honest truth. "Cured" doesn't mean without problems. Cole has several already. Donate to our team and help end kids cancer...and for those who do survive, help them have better futures.."

If you wish to make a fully tax-deductible donation to help this important cause by supporting my fundraising efforts.. Protected content

If you wish to come out and cheer us on on Sat, Oct. 4th - Here's the link to the map and route: Protected content

With warm thanks,

Gesine

Ottawa Forum

Our Global Partners