Join now

Nia - Holistic Fitness Workout (Ottawa)

Hello,
you might wanna try out Nia with me. Never heard of it? Well, so far there are only 3 people teaching it in Ottawa. I am one of them and totally hooked on it (in a very positive way . -). I am teaching Nia on Tuesdays from 6pm to 7.15pm. The location is St. Paul’s Eastern United Church at Protected content St (entrance on Daly) in Sandy Hill. Drop in is $15 (packages are available as well).
What is Nia? The Nia Technique® practiced by nearly 100,000 students in 40 countries including Canada, the United States, Germany, South Africa and Australia was pioneered in Protected content founders, Debbie Rosas Stewart and Carlos AyaRosas.
Nia is a barefoot and grounded cardiovascular mind-body-spirit program that combines the essences of the Martial arts, Dance arts and Healing arts with diverse music, vocal sounding and self-expression to create dynamic and inspiring hour-long routines. Nia provides a platform for exploring and aligning every aspect of the human experience. The Nia experience includes both structured and free dance, a harmony of movements – soft and powerful, sharp and fluid, linear and spiraling, explosive and relaxing. Sounding and vocalization are used to release tension, engage emotion and imagination, while effectively engaging the physical body and increasing cardiovascular endurance.
With its “More-Gain, No-Pain” philosophy, Nia bursts boundaries of age, gender and fitness levels, delivering an enjoyable and effective practice for everyone. Nia has motivated runners, Olympic athletes, dancers, fitness buffs, and novices to embrace this new way to get and stay fit. Built on a rich body of education and a philosophy rooted in “The Joy of Movement,” Nia encourages individuals to choose Pleasure as the path toward achieving greater overall physical, mental, and emotional health and well-being.  
The movements in Nia have been proven to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, and obesity to name just a few.

See you on tuesday!
Best,
Steffi

Ottawa Forum

Our Global Partners