Join now

Need Advise: Crazy Road Trip up 1 coast down other (Panama City)

For the month of July my son Protected content old) and I Protected content flying in to PC to stay 3 or 4 days (need hotel for around $60 a night: (suggestions?). Then we will rent a car for 30 days (suggestions?) and take off up the Pacific coast then hang a right at David and go to Bocas del Toro for a few days (hotel suggestions?). Our hotel budget is $60 per night.
Now here's the crazy part. Neither my son nor I have visited Panama and neither of us speak Spanish. Our 3 weeks on the road we plan to keep driving until get tired then find a hotel for the night. Or if we are on the beach and it's nice, we might stay a couple of nights. Davin (my son) has an app on his phone that you speak English into and in 5 secs. it translates it into the Spanish spoken word. It also works in reverse- speak Spanish then out comes the English.
When we get to a location is it possible to hire a guide for a few days? Where do we find one? Should we be a little more organized and map out a city to city drive? We both love the beach. Are there roads we can travel that hug the coast? Are there areas/cities to avoid that are unsafe? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance....Gary Watts:
Email Protected content

Panama City Forum

Our Global Partners