Join now

Visiting Panama in Oct for first time (Panama City)

My husband and I are exploring the idea of living in a different country and Panama is of interest to us. This trip in October he will be going and exploring Panama by himself. I wish I could join him but I can't this time.

We like to be around the ocean but don't really know where to explore. Boca sounds inviting, but it also sounds very small. We're used to large town/small city ocean side living as among our hobbies are snorkeling and scuba diving.

I've read a lot of people settle in Panama (sounds to big for me), David (sounds to far away from the ocean for us) and Boquete (looked pretty, but again to far away from the ocean). Are there any other suggestions?

We are in our late 40's, self employed in Canada and won't 'rush in' to anything, we can't afford to make a mistake. Protected content

One more question; are there any cafes, restaurants or some such where expats meet up on a regular or semi regular basis? I know my husband would be interested in meeting a few expats while he's there.

Panama City Forum

Our Global Partners