Join now

Brazilian/Portuguese classes (Paris)

Hi, I’m Anna Badenes, a native Brazilian teacher, born in Rio de Janeiro, and now living and teaching Portuguese in Paris. I have an extensive experience tutoring Portuguese in Brazil and abroad. Prior to living in Paris I spent 14 years living in New York City as well as traveling around the world.

I speak English, Spanish and French. I consider myself a “citizen of the world”—I hold 3 different nationalities! Since I have spent many years traveling and living abroad, I believe that I am able to help students overcome the cultural differences they will encounter when learning, traveling, and/or doing business with Brazil.

In my classes I utilize a method called "effective total immersion technique".This generalized technique in foreign language pedagogy "immerses" or "submerges" the student directly and immediately into the target language from the first opening day of class. An effective total immersion environment begins in hour one in which I speak Portuguese slowly, clearly, and use easily understandable and comprehensible cognates. These closely and oftentimes immediately recognizable related words may differ only slightly in pronunciation or spelling from the student's native language. Hand gesticulation, appropriate modeling, (such as picture files or photos). I also use a reference guide/ book to get the student started in getting familiar with basic vocabulary and grammar.I always encourage my students to take their homework seriously, which we correct together in the following class.

For more detailed information, please visit my website: Protected content