Join now

Brazilian Portuguese Private & Corporate Training (Paris)

Olá!

I’m Anna, a native Brazilian teacher, born in Rio de Janeiro. For the past 4 years I have been teaching Portuguese in Paris. I have an extensive experience tutoring in Brazil and abroad. Prior to living in Paris I spent 14 years in New York City as well as traveling around the world.

I speak English, Spanish and French. I consider myself a “citizen of the world”. Since I have spent many years traveling and living abroad, I believe that I am able to help students overcome the cultural differences they will encounter when learning, traveling, and/or doing business with Brazil.

These are some of the basic principles of my methodology of teaching Brazilian/Portuguese to speakers of other languages:

No Translation in Class - I utilize a method called "effective total immersion technique", which means that the student and the teacher speak only in the target language. An effective total immersion environment begins in hour one in which I speak Portuguese slowly and clearly.
There is never any translation in the classroom and this makes you talk and think in Portuguese. Students are always surprised how quickly and easily they learn with this method!

Emphasis on Communication - My methodology focus on speaking and listening. Grammar, reading, and writing are included, although I teach it through a very practical approach without being tedious, or repetitive. I utilize a textbook, I make use of hand gesticulation, and appropriate modeling, such as picture files or photos. You will speak the language, not analyze it! I strongly believe the key of learning a new language is communication.

For more detailed information, please visit my website:
Protected content
Protected content

Obrigada.

Anna

Paris Forum

Our Global Partners